Friday, June 5, 2009

What lovely lovely evening music on KCSM!

Kathleen Lawton is just one of the highly individual announcers on KCSM in San Mateo. Already this evening I've heard two lovely versions of "Solamente Una Vez," one by Charlie Haden and another by Raquel Bitton!

My late brother-in-law introduced me to Latin jazz, and it was one of my first experiences of this universal musical form--so of course I love it!! But...now Kathleen has segued (effortlessly and smoothly) to Shelley Berg's fantastic piano solo of "My One and Only Love."

Where else in the whole wide world can anyone hear such wonderful sounds, all within a few minutes of one another, and all free of commercial noise? Nowhere. NO-where else.

Join me--enjoy a never-repeated Lawton experience--and keep tuning in to KCSM wherever you are! (The stream works on your mobile devices too--forget iTunes and let the experts do the work for you!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment